Want your blog updates to appear automatically in Google Buzz? Here are the easy steps to do that:
- Go to your profile at http://www.google.com/profiles/me. Scroll down to "Links" section and add your blog URL and name there.
- Your blog will appear at the "My links" section. Click edit, tick "This is a profile page about me." and then click "Done".
- Now go to your blog and do either one of these:
- Make a link to your Google profile on your blog, with rel="me" inside the
</code><a> tag. For example: </a><code><a href="http://www.google.com/profiles/Leontius/">My Google profile</a>. (In Wordpress, you can also tick "another web address of mine" in XFN section when you add a link to simulate the rel="me" part.)
- Alternatively (for more advanced users), you may put this HTML on the of your blog:
- You can either wait until Google re-crawls your site, or if you're like me, go to http://sgapi-recrawl.appspot.com/, login and click "Recrawl" appropriately (this will only appear if you do step 1 and 2 correctly). If you do step 3 correctly the website will give you a rather cryptic message meaning that Google has successfuly recognised your site as belonging to you.
- Go to Google Buzz (https://mail.google.com/mail/#buzz) and click on "... connected site(s)" link just beside your name. You will see your blog there -- click "Add", "Save" and you're done!
Note that this procedure will theoretically work with any website, not just personal blogs, as long as you can write the required HTML inside the website.